“The Ticket Giveaway (the “Contest”) Official Contest Rules (the “Official Rules”)
- OVERVIEW: West Hill Harvest provides baskets of toys, gifts, food, personal care items and gift cards (“holiday hampers”) to families in need over the December holiday season. As a part of the 2018 fundraising campaign, WHH is offering a giveaway of two (2) tickets to see the Toronto Maple leafs and two (2) tickets to see the band Walk Off The Earth. For each $10 donated, a person is eligible for one (1) entry into the draw, to be held the week of December 16 2018. Entries accepted until Dec 14. Note: If a person wishes to participate in this Contest but does not wish to donate, they can follow the instructions found in Rule 4 to receive an entry. In these Official Rules, an eligible person (see Rule 2) who has an entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest recorded on their behalf is called a “Participant”. Participants agree to comply in full with all of the provisions of these Official Rules.2
- CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Canadian residents who are 19 years of age or older. The contest is not open to the executive committee or members of the board of West Hill Harvest or their wives/husbands/partners. In these Rules and regulations, a person who is eligible to enter the Contest is called an “eligible person”.
- THE CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest Period begins Monday, November 26, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m. local time and ends on Sunday, Friday December 14, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. local time.
- HOW TO ENTER: An eligible person has three (3) ways to enter the contest:
- Donate through the West Hill Harvest website: During the contest period, every $10 donated through the West Hill Harvest website is eligible for one entry into the draw. For example: $10 = one entry, $50 = 5 entries. Note: If any issue is encountered, whether mechanical, technical, human error or omission or for any other reason, the donation cannot be completed, please see the instructions below “To Enter by Mail Without Making a Purchase.”
- Donate in person to a sponsoring business: An eligible person may donate at least $10 at a sponsoring business during the contest period to be eligible for one entry into the draw. Sponsoring businesses and eligible people must work together to ensure that the Full Name, Email Address, Full Mailing Address, Donation Amount and Donation Date of the eligible donor are recorded. All donation forms from sponsoring businesses are due to WHH December 16, 2018. West Hill Harvest is not responsible for the information management nor the timely submission of information from the sponsoring businesses. Note: If any issue is encountered, whether mechanical, technical, human error or omission or for any other reason, the donation cannot be completed, please see the instructions below “To Enter by Mail Without Making a Purchase.”
- To Enter by Mail Without Making a Purchase: If an eligible person wishes to have one (1) Entry recorded on his/her behalf without donating, they must submit an entry as follows: the participant must print legibly on paper his/her complete name, full address, a daytime telephone number and email address. Then that Participant must place that paper in a postage-paid envelope and mail it to: West Hill Harvest 19-15 Guildwood Parkway, Toronto, Ontaio, M1E 4Y8. Mail-in entries that are sent in BRE’s (business-reply envelopes), that use labels, stickers or stamps, that are photocopied, typed, computer-generated or mechanically produced or reproduced in any way, that are not addressed manuall, that fail in any way to comply with these requirements will not be honoured. There can be only one mail-in entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be received by December 14, 2018. There is no limit to the number of mail-in Entries which a Participant may submit in compliance with these requirements.
- Limits: There is a limit of one (1) Entry being recorded per eligible $10 donation and one (1) Entry being recorded per mail-in entry.
- CONTEST DRAW/WINNER NOTIFICATION: During the week of December 17, 2018, West Hill Harvest and it’s partner LKQ Corp will select, at random, two (2) winning Entries from among all received eligible Entries. One winner will receive the Leafs tickets, the other will receive the Walk Off The Earth tickets. Subject to these rules, the two (2) Participants whose Entries are selected will be the potential Prize winners, and those potential Prize winners will be notified to that effect by Wet Hill Harvest as follows: the potential winning notification will be sent via email within two (2) business days following the date of the draw, to the email address associated with each potential Prize winner’s registration or, in the case of a mail-in entry, to the email address provided in the mail-in entry. The winners will be publicized on West Hill Harvest social media and contacted through email. To received the prizes, winners must sign a release and answer the Skill-Testing Question without any assistance whatsoever. If a potential Prize winner fails to complete properly, return the release or answer the skill testing question correctly, then that potential Prize winner will be disqualified from the Contest and will not receive the applicable Prize. In such a case, another name will be drawn. West Hill Harvest and our partner LKQ Corp will continue that process until winners are found. If, for any reason, a Participant whose Entry is drawn is not declared the winner of the Prize, then that potential Prize winner will not have any claim against the West Hill Harvest, LKQ Corp, or against any other person, firm or corporation in respect of the Prize, the Contest, or any matter related to the Contest.
- PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING. Two (2) Prizes are available to be won in the Contest. The approximate retail value the LEAFS TICKETS is $800 CDN. The approximate value of the Walk Off The Earth Tickets is $500 CDN.
- General Entry Conditions: Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of West Hill Harvest and LKQ Corp are final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Contest. Any person attempting to defraud the contest or the sponsors in any way may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law.
- GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Donors and participants assume all risk of transmission, mailing, loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of a mail in entries. West Hill Harvest, LKQ Corp and their shareholders, officers, directors, governors, and employees are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, garbled, unintelligible, damaged, stolen, non-delivered or postage-due submissions of contest materials, regardless of the party responsible. Further, West Hill Harvest and LKQ Corp are not responsible for damage or missed contest opportunities casused by wireless carriers, Internet Service Providers (“ISP”) or unauthorized human intervention. Nor is West Hill Harvest or LKQ responsible for damage caused by accessing the West Hill Harvest website, by taking part in the contest or by claiming the Prize, technical difficulties of any kind such as lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet, devices, websites or other connection, problems arising in connection with or over the course of the contest, including miscommunications, failed, delayed, interrupted, non-delivered or misdirected computer, telephone, Digital Device, email, mobile or cable transmissions or hardware, software, program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind. Nor is West Hill Harvest or LKQ Corp responsible for any technical malfunctions, failures or difficulties, printing, clerical, typographical or other errors or omissions in any advertisement or other materials or postings or any Declaration and Release, now for any errors, omissions or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, interruption of power, digital, mobile or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention. West Hill Harvest and LKW Corp are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by West Hill Harvest, LKQ Corp, Sponsoring businesses or tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in the Contest, nor the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture or loss of any information.West Hill Harvest reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found – in the opinion of West Hill Harvest – to be interfering in any way with the operation of the contest, to be acting in violation of these rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the apparent intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. West Hill Harvest reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any release or waiver submitted becomes the sole property of West Hill Harvest and will not be returned. By participating in the Contest, each Participant hereby releases and agrees to hold West Hill Harvest, LKQ Corp, Sponsoring Businesses, and other related persons and entities harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning the Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim the Prize. By accepting the contest prize, the winners agree and grant West Hill Harvest the right to use their name, voice and likeness, along with his or her address (city and Province/territory) and any statements made by or attributed to the winners in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without prior notice or approval, in perpetuity.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WEST HILL HARVEST, LKQ CORP, PARTNERS AND SPONSORING BUSINESSES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, CONCERNING THE PRIZE.
11. General: General: It is each Participant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules.
12. Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors or Omissions: West Hill Harvest reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or to modify, suspend or extend the Contest. In the event that, in West Hill Harvest’s sole opinion, that they are impeded or prevented from continuing with the Contest as planned or intended by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or crisis, earthquake, explosion, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, Provincial, territorial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the West Hill Harvest’s control, then West Hill Harvest shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest.
13. Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference and shall not be deemed or considered to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of West Hill Harvest. Subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, employees of the Sponsor, or of any of its franchisees, are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Official Rules.
- 14. Privacy: Information, including personal information, collected in connection with the Contest may be shared with West Hill Harvest to the extent necessary to fulfill the Prize. Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, information collected by West Hill Harvest will be used as requested by the donor.
15. Cooperation in Prize Award Event(s): In consideration of being awarded the Prize in the Contest, the Prize winner (and if the Prize winner is a Minor, their parent or legal guardian), agrees to participate fully and without compensation in any announcement(s) and/or presentation ceremony/ceremonies and/or event or events organized or presented by West Hill Harvest in its sole discretion related to the granting of a Prize to such Prize winner and/or related to the Prize winner’s participating in the Prize, including the use and enjoyment of the Prize, including, without limitation, press events before, during and/or after the completion of any travel encompassed in the Prize.
16. Official Rules Availability: These Official Rules will be available at westhillharvest.com until December 31, 2018. To receive a copy of the Official Rules via mail, a Participant should mail, in a postage-paid outer envelope, a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope to: 19-15 Guildwood Parkway, Toronto, Ontario, M1E 4Y8. Limit one (1) self-addressed, postage paid envelope per outer envelope.